These 11 tips will help you make the most of your first AIA Conference on Architecture.
Save up to $200 with early bird and advance rate pricing. Select your events, tours, seminars, and workshops to reserve your seat.
Take advantage of extra discounts
Maximize your budget with these special discounts.
- free conference registration for new AIA members
- 30% off regular rates for young professionals
- $25 student rates
- travel discounts including promo codes for airfare, ground transportation, and more
Book in our hotel block
Book your room through AIA Housing. You’ll get the lowest rates at 43 local hotels, plus perks like free in-room Wi-Fi, breakfast, and more.
Take a tour
Go on one of nearly 100 architect-led tours of New York City’s architectural hot spots in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island. Tickets to these expertly curated, one-of-a-kind tours sell out—get yours early.
Earn a year’s worth of continuing ed
Plan well, and you can earn your HSW, ADA, GBCI, RIBA, and AIA LU credits for the year. Saturday is dedicated to continuing education, giving you more time to take in sessions. Programming is popular—register for your sessions when you register for conference.
Secure your sessions (& CE credits)
Follow these simple steps to guarantee your seat:
- Register early for sessions to get your top picks.
- At conference, claim your seat by arriving no later than 15 minutes before the session starts. Give yourself enough time to travel between conference venues so you don’t lose your seat (see next point).
- Want to get into a sold-out seminar? We’ll release unclaimed seats 10 minutes before the seminar begins.
- Get your badge scanned for sessions you attend, and we’ll update your AIA transcript with your CE credits.
If you can only attend one event, make it The Party!, our signature event. We’re hosting it at Hammerstein Ballroom, a 12,000-sq. ft. former opera house. There’s also dozens of receptions, happy hours, alumni events, and more.
Explore the Architecture Expo & the Javits Center green roof
Don’t miss the Architecture Expo, a two-day, 200,000 sq. ft. materials playground featuring nearly 800 leading building product manufacturers. There’s also live programming, expo credit courses, and dedicated hours to give you ample time to explore. Check out the Javits Center’s seven-acre green roof, home to 17 bird species and 30,000 honeybees.
Why wait until the event begins to start networking? Make new connections now through social media. Use the hashtag #A18Con to connect with other professionals—then connect in real life at A’18.
Get your book(s) signed
Rem Koolhaas, Elizabeth Diller, Thom Mayne, FAIA, Amy Cuddy, and Moshe Safdie, FAIA, have all signed books at the AIA Conference on Architecture. 2018 details coming soon!
Stay an extra day
There’s so much to experience in New York City outside of A’18. Stay an extra day to explore and enjoy the city! No matter your reason, take advantage of AIA Housing hotel rates through Sunday, June 24.